Saturday, June 28, 2008

Read-a-thon Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now? Theodosia and the Serpent of Chaos by R. L. LaFevers. It's a young adult novel, that's pretty interesting already.

2. How many books have you read so far? So far I've completed two, is midway through one, and just started Theodosia.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The memoir, Comfort by Ann Hood, V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and Fun Home by Alison Bechdel.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? There's no way to free up my Saturdays with Saturdays being the busiest day of the week for both the love of my life and my mom, but I made sure that the kids had plenty of snacks and things to do.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I constantly have interruptions with so many kids here, but it's not a problem. I don't feel any pressure at all with this challenge.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? There are so many people cheering you on and there's no pressure to have a certain amount of pages or books read.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? None. This year's Read-a-thon has been pretty fun.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Nothing

9. Are you getting tired yet? A little but that's what coffee's for.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Just relax and have fun. If you need to take a break, take one.

2 comments:

Eva said...

I'm saving my graphic novels for the second half too! :)

Jennie said...

I'll be interested to see what you think of Theodosia!