Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Flowers

The Flower (2007)
John Light
32 pages





As a mother I read tons of children's books. It's part of the job. I never blog about them but I have been waiting months to get my hands on this book. My local library doesn't have it and I couldn't wait forever for someone to post this book on paperbackswap.com, so I just bought it. I'm so glad that I did.
The Light is John Little's debut children's book about a little boy named Brigg. Brigg "lives in a small, gray room in a large gray city." One day he finds a book labelled "Do not read." But he reads it anyway and finds out what a flower is. He goes searching his colorless city for a flower to no avail. Then he finds a packet with a flower on it. The book and the packet brings Brigg unexpected joy. I'm not giving away the end, but I think young kids will enjoy this quick read.

No comments: