Friday, June 15, 2007

Dear Mr. Henshaw

A couple hours ago I finished reading Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Clearly for the Newberry Challenge. Dear Mr. Henshaw is basically the coming-of-age story of Leigh, a boy whose parents went through a divorce, forcing him and his mother to move to a new neighborhood. Leigh is also writing to his favorite author Mr. Henshaw and trying to figure out who is stealing his lunch every day, while dealing with his feelings about his parents and the breakup of their marriage. This is a pretty good book. Throughout the book the reader can see Leigh's development as he comes to his own conclusion about his relationship with his dad.
Two books down and three more to go for the Newberry Challenge. I think I will start on The Time Traveler's Wife for my summer reading and something about me challenges.

No comments: