Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Big Fish

Months ago I saw the movie Big Fish based on the novel by Daniel Wallace. I absolutely loved the movie, so I decided to read the book. Hum... This was one of the few times where the movie was better than the book. Don't get me wrong Big Fish is a good book, but it is not great. I expected more and did not get it. Just like the movie, Big Fish is about a son trying to get to know his father, but all his father is willing to tell him is stories, myths about what happened in his own life. Some of my favorite chapters are "The day he was born," "The girl in the river," "The day he left Ashland," and "The old lady and the eye," the story of a witch and her glass eye that can tell you your future. It's the story in the movie that is my main reason for reading the book. The problem with the book at times is that it seems repetitive. Overall, I'm glad I read the book though.

No comments: