Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day Seven's Summary

I finished reading Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan this morning. What a great read! It's marketed towards the high school crowd, but after several references to the sitcom My So-Called Life, I knew this book is really for my generation.

The book is about the "five-minute" relationship between two strangers that turns into an unforgettable first date complete with great music, drunk loyal friends, ex-girlfriends from hell, and the possibility of new love.




I also finished Patti Digh's Life is a Verb: 37 Days to wake up, be mindful, and live intentionallyy. It's a great self-help book with tons of stories, exercises, examples and laughs to get you going. The inspiration for the book come from Digh's father. Her father was diagnosed with lung cancer and died just thirty seven days later. This is not a book of sadness or grief, but one that celebrates life and the human potential fully. I cannot say enough about the book, but I can say this: go out and buy it now. Also go and check out Patti's blog: http://37days.typepad.com/37days/

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me know that you are my Secret Santa!! Thank you very much for sending me the Amazon gift card. I'm going to have a lot of fun shopping for books. I looked for your email but couldn't find it on your blog so am posting here.

Thanks again and the best to you in the new year!!

Liza P. said...

thanks for suggesting this book to me on my blog for "what to buy with my gift card"! after reading that you finished it and seeing that they reference "My So Called Life" i am sold!!! i loved that show.

very excited to read it now.

Vasilly said...

Bonnie: I'm so glad you liked it!

Liza: I hope you like Nick and Norah as much as I did!