Thursday, May 24, 2007

New York Times Notable Book Challenge

Something is really wrong with me. I joined another challenge. This time it's the New York Times Notable Book Challenge. You picked the number of books that you want to read off the 2006 list. I'm only going to read three. Here's my list:

After this. By Alice McDermott
Arthur and George. By Julian Barnes
Everyman. By Philip RothForgetfulness. By Ward
JustGate of the Sun. By Elias Khoury
One Good Turn. By Kate Atkinson

The Road. By Cormac McCarthy. (Let's hope I can stomach this one.)
The Translator. By Leila Aboulela
Suite Francaise. By Irene Nemirovsky
The Afterlife. By Donald Antrim. (I know I'm going to read this one. I read such a great review about this book in Poets and Writers.)

Eat, Pray, Love. By Elizabeth Gilbert. (This is one of my favorite books ever. It made me so happy. It's also very truthful about life and very funny.)
The Lost: A search for six of six million. By Daniel Mendelsohn
The Places in Between. By Rory Stewart
Reading like a writer: A guide for people who love books and for those who want to write them. By Francine Prose (I started reading this one. Already I feel myself paying more attention to what I am reading.)

Let's see how far I'm going to get with this list.

No comments: