Monday, February 23, 2009

Mailbox Monday - 2/23/09

Thanks to Paperbackswap and Dewey, my TBR pile is bigger than it was two weeks ago. Since I was on break last week I didn't write a Mailbox Monday post, so here's what I received in the last two weeks.




































  • Angel of Forgetfulness - Steve Stern (Jewish Literature Challenge)
  • Because I said so: 33 mothers write about children, sex, men, aging, faith, race, and themselves (Dewey challenge)
  • What I talk about when I talk about running- Hariku Murakami (In their shoes challenge)
  • Flygirl - Sherri L. Smith (Y.A. challenge)
  • The World to Come - Dara Horn (Jewish Lit.)
  • The Victoria Vanishes - John Fowler (Just loved the cover of the title. I'll fit it into a challenge somewhere)
  • Jesus Swept -James Protzman (loved the synopsis)
  • Confessions of a Former Child - David Tomasulo (loved the synopsis)
  • The Maternal is Political - Shari MacDonald Strong (Dewey challenge)
  • Selected Poems of Emily Dickinson (Childhood Favourites challenge)
So that's it until tomorrow. I only have a handful of books coming this week. What did you receive last week?

13 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

Wow - what a lovely collection of books. I bet you don't know which one to start with first.

Vasilly said...

You're right, I have no idea what to read first!

Kailana said...

Wow! Lots of good good books there. Happy reading!

Bonnie said...

What a great list of books! The cover of Confessions of a Former child grabbed my attention! I love Emily Dickinson's poems and hope that you enjoy them.

Beth F said...

Great list!! I want to read Flygirl.

Iliana said...

I didn't know Murakami had a memoir. How interesting. Now to decide which one to start! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including Jesus Swept in your "to read" pile. The list gave me a flashback to Wind Up Bird Chronicle.

Yummmmmmmmmm.

James Protzman

PS Sorry. I've been writing as Liz lately.

Vasilly said...

Thanks, Kailana!

Thanks, Bonnie. The Emily Dickinson is the exact same book I read when I was thirteen, so I'll be traveling back to my childhood when I read it.

Beth: I can't wait to read Flygirl! I've heard nothing but great things about it!

Iliana: I should let you guys pick for me. Murakami's book is a small one. I think I'll save it for a weekend read.

Thanks, James, for visiting 1330v! I can't wait to read your book. I promise it'll be soon. Liz, huh? =)

Kathleen said...

Looking forward to your reviews for the Jewish Literature Challenge and Dewey's books.

avisannschild said...

The Maternal Is Political sounds really good! Enjoy your books.

Kristen said...

I want to read Confessions of a Former Child too. It sounds wonderful.

I got What I Talk About When I Talk About Running for Christmas and jumped into it immediately. What a marvelous book! I've been pushing it at all my reading runner friends (which is a shockingly small number actually) but I haven't made the leap to non-runners yet as I don't know that they would like it nearly as much as crazy running folk. :-)

Because I Said So was another one I've read (a few years ago?) and thoroughly enjoyed.

Enjoy your haul!

Anonymous said...

Flygirl looks SO good. I look forward to reading your review on it! :D

bermudaonion said...

You got some good ones - I'd love to read Flygirl, Because I Said So and The World to Come.