It's back!! Carl's annual Readers Imbibing Peril or R.I.P. Challenge is back. I have been waiting for this challenge all year long. I am so happy.
The R.I.P. Challenge runs from September 1st through October 31st. The theme is to scare yourself silly reading books from the mystery, suspense, thriller, dark fantasy, gothic, horror, and/or supernatural genres. You can even start reading now if you wanted to.
This is my favorite peril. I plan on reading at least four books from my pool of potential reads.
1. The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
2. The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
3. I am legend - Richard Matheson
4. Dracula - Bram Stoker
5. Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer
6. Fragile Things - Gaiman
7. 20th Century Ghosts - Joe Hill
8. The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
9. We have always lived in the castle - Shirley Jackson
10. The Haunting of Hill House- Shirley Jackson
11. The Best American Mystery Stories of 2006 & 2007
12. Case Histories - Kate Atkinson
13. Lasher - Anne Rice
14. Hellboy Vol. 1 - Mike Magnola
15. Y: The Last Man Vol. 2
16. The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1 - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle