Saturday, August 30, 2008

R.I.P. Challenge



It's back!! Carl's annual Readers Imbibing Peril or R.I.P. Challenge is back. I have been waiting for this challenge all year long. I am so happy.


The R.I.P. Challenge runs from September 1st through October 31st. The theme is to scare yourself silly reading books from the mystery, suspense, thriller, dark fantasy, gothic, horror, and/or supernatural genres. You can even start reading now if you wanted to.

This is my favorite peril. I plan on reading at least four books from my pool of potential reads.

1. The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
2. The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
3. I am legend - Richard Matheson
4. Dracula - Bram Stoker
5. Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer
6. Fragile Things - Gaiman
7. 20th Century Ghosts - Joe Hill
8. The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
9. We have always lived in the castle - Shirley Jackson
10. The Haunting of Hill House- Shirley Jackson
11. The Best American Mystery Stories of 2006 & 2007
12. Case Histories - Kate Atkinson
13. Lasher - Anne Rice
14. Hellboy Vol. 1 - Mike Magnola
15. Y: The Last Man Vol. 2
16. The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1 - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

3 comments:

Laura said...

I've seen The Historian on lots of lists--including my own! :) It will be fun reading all the reviews on it!

The Bookworm said...

great picks! I've seen 20th Century Ghosts on a few lists out there, I cant wait to read it myself. I just finished Breaking Dawn recently.
happy reading :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Quixotical said...

Awesome list!

I can't wait for The Graveyard Book, will definitely be reading that as soon as I get my hands on it!

I'm also reading 20th Century Ghosts, so if you do read that one it will be fun to compare notes! :)

http://blog.quixoticmiss.com