Sunday, May 25, 2008

2008 Read-a-thon



Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf is hosting a Read-a-thon. I can't wait for it to start. I have some serious catching up to do with most of my challenges. The read-a-thon starts June 28th at 9am Pacific DST, which is perfect since I live in Cali. There's mini-challenges, door prizes, and much more. The event lasts for 24 hours. So you read books, post in your blogs about the books you've read, and visit the blogs of other participants.
One of the great things about this event (besides the reading,) is that participants can get their friends and loved ones to sponsor them to raise money for Reading Is Fundamental. I think I'm going to just donate a set amount to RIF.
The read-a-thon is a month away and already I'm forming a list of the things I want to read and the challenges I need to read for. I'm such a dork.

No comments: