Friday, October 24, 2008

Weekly Geeks #19

This week's Weekly Geeks we have to make a list of our favorite reads that were published in 2008. Sad to say, I didn't like most of the books I read that were published this year. But my favorites:

1. The Book of Other People: short stories edited by Zadie Smith
2. The Geography of Love - Glenda Burges (memoir)
3. The Way back Home - Oliver Jeffers (children's)
4. What now? - Ann Patchett
There are several 2008 books I expect to read this year:

1. Awesome - Jack Pendarvis
2. Just After Sunset - Stephen King
3. The Graveyard book - Neil Gaiman
4. Best American Short Stories 2008

5. A Broom of One's Own: Words on Writing,
Housecleaning, and Life - Nancy Peacock
6. Death with Interruptions - Jose Saramago
7. The Entropy of Aaron Rosclatt - James Sandham
8. Fables Vol. 11 - Bill Willingham
Did you see that? After giving up so many challenges this year, I went and made a list. It's a very flexible list but still, it's a list.

No comments: